QS Qualität und Sicherheit GmbH
Based on clearly defined quality criteria, QS Qualität und Sicherheit GmbH organizes a reliable quality assurance along the entire value chain together with its scheme participants – from farm to shop. More than 23.000 food retail stores offer meat and meat products as well as fruit, vegetables and potatoes with the blue QS certification mark. It symbolizes the joint efforts of more than 130.000 QS scheme participants for safe food out of good hands.
QS adds value to the chain
- Comprehensive process and origin assurance from farm to shop with binding standards which assure a higher safety of fresh food.
- Clear labeling for consumers: only food from controlled production and marketing bears the QS certification mark.
- Transparency through full traceability along all stages of the value chain.
- Regular auditing of scheme participants by trained auditors of independent certification bodies.
- QS criteria for the production and marketing of meat, meat products, fruit, vegetables and potatoes comprise all legal requirements. For processes which are crucial for food safety or animal welfare, QS goes beyond legal requirements.
- Active crisis management by the standard owner QS ensures short reaction times and more transparency in the event of an incident for all scheme participants and other stakeholders.
- Mandatory participation in feed, salmonella, antibiotics and residue monitoring enhances product safety.
- Consistently high quality standards in international trade through mutual recognition of 15 international standard owners.
- Internal scheme integrity scheme for the continuous monitoring of the QS scheme´s integrity
If you have any questions or need a quote request information now!