CEM was founded by a chemist and two engineers. The engineers have since retired, but the chemist, Michael Collins, PhD, is still the president and CEO of CEM and actively involved in the company’s R&D projects. As a result, CEM invests significantly in R&D and promotes an atmosphere conducive to fostering creativity. CEM’s systems are designed by our own team of over 50 scientists and engineers, who work closely together to develop products that not only improve current methods and processes, but are also reliable and intuitive to operate.
CEM is a company based on innovation that touches many different industries and scientific disciplines. We helped pioneer the field of microwave chemistry and we have long been recognized for our expertise on the subject through publications and awards.
For more than 35 years, we have been designing and developing laboratory instruments and scientific methods (both microwave-based and non-microwave technologies) that are used by major companies, prestigious research institutes, and universities around the world.
- Largest provider of microwave laboratory systems worldwide
- Over 35,000 systems sold
- Largest portfolio of microwave technology patents worldwide with over 300 patents
- Subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Japan
- Distributors in over 50 countries
- 20 major products introduced in the last 5 years