To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
Gardein® Debuts First-Ever Collection Of Plant-Based Meat Alternative Soups
Plant-based foods offer a benefit to the environment
Gardein, a brand of Conagra Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CAG), is taking its collection of plant-based meat alternatives from the freezer case to the soup aisle with the debut of five new Gardein Soups, the first-ever line-up of soups featuring plant-based meat alternatives. Delivering "meaty" taste with 100% vegan ingredients, the soups are destined to be a cold-weather favorite for anyone seeking an alternative to traditional meat-based soups.
"For years Gardein has been providing delicious foods that deliver the taste of meat in a plant-based offering," said Tim Nangle, Conagra Brands' vice president and general manager, Meals and Sides. "With plant-based foods gaining broader acceptance, and with so many popular soups featuring meat on the market, extending Gardein into the soups category was a logical next step for the brand."
Each soup's protein source is plant-based and delivers 10-15 grams of protein per serving. Wholesome real vegetables and vegan broth bases highlight the ingredient list of each soup. As with all vegan offerings, the soups are also dairy- and egg-free. All five Gardein soups are both Non-GMO Project Verified and Vegan Action Certified. They contain no artificial preservatives or flavors, with 0mg of cholesterol.
The five flavors in the Gardein Soups collection include:
Plant-Based Chick'n Noodl': Made with plant-based Chick'n vegan noodl's and vegetables; 13g protein
Plant-Based Be'f & Vegetable: Made with plant-based be'f and country vegetables; 15g protein
Plant-Based Saus'ge Gumbo: Made with plant-based saus'ge, rice and vegetables; 10g protein
Plant-Based Chick'n & Rice: Made with plant-based chick'n, rice and vegetables; 11g protein
Plant-Based Minestrone & Saus'ge: Made with plant-based Italian saus'ge, vegan noodl's and vegetables; 14g protein
"Whether you've tried Gardein before or are sampling our food for the first time with these soups, we think you'll find the taste and texture delivers an experience like you'd find in a meat-based soup," added Nangle.
In addition to the great taste of these new soups, plant-based foods offer a benefit to the environment as well. Plant-based diets are recognized as having a reduced carbon footprint and using fewer water, land, and energy resources versus meat-based diets.
- Conagra Brands
- plant-based food
- plant-based foods
- Nestlé launches plant-based Nesquik in Europe
- Gardein® Debuts First-Ever Collection Of Plant-Based Meat Alternative Soups
- Nestlé’s plant-based ‘bacon cheeseburger’ debuts in US
- Molson Coors Expands With New Slate of Non-alcoholic Products
- Kellogg's® And Minecraft Collaborate To Build A Breakfast That Gamers And No ...
- Whole Foods Market Forecasts Top 10 Food Trends for 2021
- Impossible Foods Is Doubling Its R&D Team and Seeking World's Best Scientists To Help Eliminate Animal Agriculture
- Increase In Hazardous Child Labor In Cocoa Production Amid An Expansion Of Cocoa Farming
- Berlin Packaging Expands in Northern Europe with Acquisition of Vinkova
- Jack in the Box Introduces First-Ever Unchicken Sandwiches in the U.S.