Currently, you are not logged in to my.yumda.de. Therefore, you can remember a maximum of 5 contents.
Fire in Swiss cheese warehouse
11 000 cheese wheels destroyed
A fire at a cheese warehouse in Switzerland has destroyed 11,000 loaves of Gruyère cheese. The cause of the accident in Vuisternens-en-Ogoz, about 50 kilometers southwest of Bern, was still unknown Friday, police told a news conference.
The fire had broken out Thursday in a 200-by-300-meter building complex. On Friday, there were still small fires that firefighters could not extinguish because they could not advance due to the collapsed roof, he said. Seven people had received medical attention with suspected smoke inhalation. A good half of the cheese belonged to a company of the Migros cooperative. However, the supply of Gruyère (also known as Gruyère) to Migros supermarkets was secured, said a representative of the company.
dpa Deutsche Presseagentur GmbH
- Nestlé invests in Ganado solar project in Texas to help expand renewable ene ...
- Climate protection on the menu: WWF presents "eco food pyramid
- World Water Day: Which fruit requires the least water for its production pro ...
- Mineral oil hydrocarbons in food – have your say on the draft!
- Clear rules for insects as food
- Nestlé invests in Ganado solar project in Texas to help expand renewable energy available in the U.S.
- Plant-Based Proteins May Lead to Allergies
- Massive efforts needed to reduce salt intake and protect lives
- Nestlé's latest plant-based beverage combines oats and fava beans
- Grain export ban looms: Tug of war between Moscow and Kiev