28-Apr-2021 - Katjes Fassin GmbH + Co. KG

Katjes International continues to buy in Italy

The Katjes International GmbH & Co KG Group continues to make purchases in Italy and acquires a majority stake in the Piedmont-based company Dulcioliva S.r.l. In this regard, the Italian subsidiary of Katjes International, Sperlari S.r.l., has signed an agreement to acquire 75% of Dulcioliva. The remaining 25% of the shares are held by Luigi Oliva, who was the largest single shareholder prior to the transaction and is a grandson of the company's founders.

Founded in 1924 in the province of Cuneo, Dulcioliva has extensive experience in the production of chocolate specialties such as gianduotti, truffles and other chocolates and is the market leader of traditional cuneesi from Piedmont. Dulcioliva's current management team, including founder grandson Giuseppe Oliva, will be retained by Sperlari, ensuring continuity in the business.

"With this transaction, we are further expanding our strong market position in Italy," enthuses Tobias Bachmüller, Managing Partner of Katjes International. "From the combination of the iconic confectionery brand Sperlari and the chocolate expertise of Dulcioliva, we expect synergies in the home market Italy as well as in exports."

The transaction is expected to close at the end of June. The acquisition will be financed from cash flow.

Note: This article has been translated using a computer system without human intervention. LUMITOS offers these automatic translations to present a wider range of current news. Since this article has been translated with automatic translation, it is possible that it contains errors in vocabulary, syntax or grammar. The original article in German can be found here.

Facts, background information, dossiers
  • Truffles
  • transactions
More about Katjes Fassin